Please try to establish limits before you commence betting and credit limits with Star Spreads. You can set daily limits by contacting our customer services team on 1800 624 624.
Don’t let gambling interfere with your daily life and responsibilities.
Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
For information on how to gamble to gamble responsibly and for information on dealing with problem gambling visit www.gambleaware.ie
If you would like further advice or help with responsible gambling, then contact one of the organisations whose details are provided below:
Gamblers Anonymous: www.gamblersanonymous.ie
Get help online at www.gamblingtherapy.org
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
· Do you stay away from work or college to gamble?
· Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
· If when gambling you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
· Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the bus fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
· Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
· Have others ever criticised your gambling?
· Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
· Are you reluctant to spend ‘gambling money’ on anything else?
· Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other pastimes?
· After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
· Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble more?
· Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem and may wish to seek help and advice through the channels outlined above.
For those customers who wish to restrict their gambling, Star Sports provides a self-exclusion facility enabling customers to close their account or accounts for a minimum period of six months up to five years as requested. Unless you request self-exclusion, any account that is simply ‘closed’ can be re-opened at any time. If you require information relating to this facility please inform us in writing or contact our Customer Services Team on 1800 624 624.
Please bear in mind the following:
• A self-exclusion agreement cannot be revoked.
• This agreement only applies to Star Spreads; if you have accounts with other operators you may consider excluding yourself from those operators.
• If you wish to resume gambling after the exclusion period expires you must contact the customer services department.
• Once an agreement to re-commence gambling after a period of exclusion has been reached, you will be required to wait 24 hours before you will be allowed to resume gambling.
• Our customer services team will be available to discuss any aspect of this process or the implications of it.
Over 18s Only
In Ireland it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. Star Spreads reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and to carry out checks to verify the information provided. Customer accounts may be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided. The legal gambling age varies according to country and we advise you to carry out local research.
In order to avoid unlawful betting we may undertake a search with a third party for the purpose of verifying that you are 18 or over. Star Spreads would, however, ask that, to prevent potential misuse, you keep your account number, user name and password confidential.